Just returned from my second 2 city in 1 European adventure - 4 days in London + 4 days in Copenhagen to compare and contrast these international meccas. One says "Hiya" the other a quick and high pitched "Hi". Both have strong design & foodie cultures. One thrives on the eclectic and the other has the reputation for having the most work/life balance in the world.
1st stop - London, UK. 16 years since I last visited... Curious to see how it changed - Was I caught in a romanticized bubble?
1. Sleeps & Surprise notes at the MeLondon
2. Notting Hill Stroll
3. Food market growth spurt - treats at Dalston Yard’s StreetFeast
4. Gallery hopping in Shoreditch
5. The V&A - Alexander McQueen, shivers all the way
6. Top front seat of dd bus
7. Learning about 2015 Design Hits at the Design Museum
8. Prosecco, English Cheese & Sun Rays on Somerset House’s Terrasse
9. Harrods food collection & Egyptian escalators
10. Day trippin' in Bath (this outing calls for its own post - stay tuned!)
2nd Stop – Copenhagen, Denmark. Simplicity, balance & long flowing hair - could this be Copenhagen's “Je ne sait quoi”.
1. Sleeps in a sweet family home
2. 70% of city travel by bike – depending on the area, you don’t need a lock!
3. Brisk winds – do bring your raincoat, scarf and hat
4. Notable coffee shops throughout the city
5. Grey's, black & taupe galore + 3/4 pear shaped coats
6. General sense of quietness
7. Pumpkin seed rolls, ginger & elderflower juice
8. Shop for unique lighting!
9. Cream and jam on your sorbet?
10. Colorful Norrebro - bridge hangout!
12. Osterbro’s boutiques
13. Luxury baths & sauna in Frederiksberg
14. Design museum collection, exhibition design, café & library
15. Landscaping at Rosenborg Castle
16. Sand dunes and endless beach in Hornbaek